Re: Problem with reviewing organziations for PostgresQL.org

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Problem with reviewing organziations for PostgresQL.org
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 9:06 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm having a hard time successfully reviewing organizations for
> www.postgresql.org.  The problem is that the organization submission
> form doesn't tell me *why* someone wants to be an organization on
> postgresql.org, so I can't evaluate whether or not they should be.
>
> For example, currently in the pending review is the vendor of a POS
> system.  I have no way of telling whether they submitted because the
> system runs on PostgreSQL and they want to be listed in Products, or
> because they're a spammer.
>
> Can anyone think of a better way to solve this than a required free-text
> blank called "Why do you want your organization on PostgreSQL.org"?

Does it matter? Organisation is only metadata, and not actually used
for anything other than tagging other items. The only reason it needs
to be moderated is to get rid of spam, IMO. If you approve an org that
doesn't show up anywhere. When they submit news (or products for
example) later, those are individually moderated.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Problem with reviewing organziations for PostgresQL.org
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Please remove filter on "help" from Majordomo