Re: Bug Reporting Form

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Bug Reporting Form
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Sun, Jul 16, 2023 at 2:02 PM Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> After a couple of very inadequately described bugs I decided to take a look at the web site's bug reporting form.
ISTMwe could make a number of improvements. First, I think we could usefully add some text setting out exactly what
sortof detail should be provided. And second, I think there should be a field for "Steps to Reproduce". Probably some
textcloser to the form fields might also help. The reporting requirements might get a little lost in the paragraphs at
thetop of the page.

> This certainly won't guarantee that reporters will give us enough information, but even if they don't it will put us
onfirmer ground when we kick back to them because they haven't done so.

Agreed on all accounts.

Would you like to take a stab at suggesting some of those texts?

As for the form itself, yeah, definitely. And worth noticing is that
since we don't store the bug reports anywhere (that's a whole
different can of worms - but the only thing we store is a mapping of
bug id to messageid), we can trivially change and move around the
fields if we want to, as we have no old data we need to think about
transforming.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Akshat Jaimini
Сообщение: Re: Broken Urls present on the official PostgreSQL website (as reported by the Testing Harness Suite)
От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: Bug Reporting Form