Re: pg_basebackup -F plain -R overwrites postgresql.auto.conf

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pg_basebackup -F plain -R overwrites postgresql.auto.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 9:41 AM Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:

> On 2020/02/10 17:23, Sergei Kornilov wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > Seems bug was introduced in caba97a9d9f4d4fa2531985fd12d3cd823da06f3 - in HEAD only
> >
> > In REL_12_STABLE we have:
> >
> >       bool            is_recovery_guc_supported = true;
> >
> >       if (PQserverVersion(conn) < MINIMUM_VERSION_FOR_RECOVERY_GUC)
> >               is_recovery_guc_supported = false;
> >
> >       snprintf(filename, MAXPGPATH, "%s/%s", basedir,
> >                        is_recovery_guc_supported ? "postgresql.auto.conf" : "recovery.conf");
> >
> >       cf = fopen(filename, is_recovery_guc_supported ? "a" : "w");
> >
> > It looks correct: append mode for postgresql.auto.conf
> >
> > In HEAD version is_recovery_guc_supported variable was replaced to inversed use_recovery_conf without change fopen
mode.

> Yes! Thanks for pointing out that!
> So the patch needs to be applied only in master.

+1. We should absolutely not be overwriting the auto conf.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

От: Ranier Vilela
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 32 bits client compilation fail. Win32 bits client is supported?
От: Kohei KaiGai
Сообщение: Re: Is custom MemoryContext prohibited?