Re: Problem with OpenSCG downloads

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Problem with OpenSCG downloads
Дата
Список pgsql-www

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 2:35 PM, Jim Mlodgenski <jimmy76@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 3:48 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 4:39 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 09:25:36AM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2018-08-16 16:32:00 +0100, Justin Clift wrote:
> > On 2018-08-16 16:25, Andres Freund wrote:
> > > FWIW, I find this pretty damning given that there's been new security
> > > release for a week: You've added no notes about it to the bigsql
> > > download page. Pinged nobody, to get the downloadlinks temporarily
> > > adorned with a warning on the pg site. And then there's the issue that
> > > the dates besides the releases on the download page are referencing the
> > > date of the newest set of minor releases, but aren't actually new.
> > >
> > > This is ridiculously intransparent.
> >
> > Is it fairly simple for us to just comment out/remove the links for now?
> >
> > We don't want to be pointing people to software with known security issues.
> >
> > We can put the links back in when the updated downloads are in place. :)
>
> Probably don't want to remove them entirely, it might prevent people
> from upgrading from an even older release with more serious issues. But
> a red warning seems appropriate.

Agreed.  We need to do something _now_, and the fact that we are having
to discover this instead of OpenSCG telling us is a good reason to
suspect the use of this download site in the future.

Looking at their website now, does it show they now have the proper
binaries?

        https://www.openscg.com/bigsql/postgresql/installers/

        PostgreSQL 10.5 - Stable  (09-Aug-18)

            postgresql-10.5-win64.exe
            postgresql-10.5-osx64.dmg

Per the filenames it looks like they do. But the dates are still backdated on them?

Jim, any confirmation on the status?

Yes, we pushed the latest installers last night.

Great, thanks for confirming!

The reason for the back date is because we did post new binaries on Aug-9, but didn't post the new installers until last night. That meant that existing users of the installers would get the latest updates posted on Aug-9 if they checked for updates through the mechanism of their existing install. Also, if new users installed the older version, at the end they would see there are updates available if they checked. The server we used to wrap the installers was down which caused the delay.

Ah, gotcha. That explains it.

Sorry for the trouble and we'll be much more proactive of letting everyone know if we have any difficulty in the future which I don't anticipate happening.

Thanks!