Re: open items for 9.4

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: open items for 9.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 5:53 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 2014-09-29 11:50:19 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> The items I see are:
>>
>> - Remove xloginsert_slots/xloginsert_locks GUC - Not yet!!
>>
>> The text seems to indicate that there's some disagreement on this
>> point.  I don't have a strong opinion on whether or not to keep the
>> GUC, but if we're going to remove it it should probably happen before
>> beta3.  It's going to be impossible to remove once we've released with
>> it, I suspect.
>
> I vote for keeping it.

No real preference. But ISTM that if we're uncertain, it's probably a
good idea to keep them.

>> - TAP tests still have some pretty severe problems
>>
>> Some of these issues have been fixed; but maybe not all.
>
> If there are, they don't seem blockers to me personally.

+1. Good to have, but not release blockers.

>> - autovacuum scheduling starvation and frenzy
>>
>> This doesn't seem to be a new problem, so I don't think we should
>> consider it a stop-ship issue.
>
> +1.

+1.

>> - pg_dump fails with --if-exists and blobs
>>
>> This looks like a 9.4 regression.
>
> Alvaro, IIRC you were looking at this one?

This does seem to be the "major" release stopper, other than the json stuff.

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: open items for 9.4
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: pg_background (and more parallelism infrastructure patches)