Re: Policy on cross-posting to multiple lists

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Policy on cross-posting to multiple lists
Дата
Список pgsql-www

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 9:04 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> At this point, I'd suggest we start moderating such cross-posts, letting
> moderators know that they should reject ones that aren't done with any
> thought to it with a request to the submitter to please pick a list
> instead of spamming them all.

+1 ... the problem does seem to be getting worse lately.

                        regards, tom lane

I finally managed to get around to pushing code into pglister that allows a "moderate" policy to be configured for CC handling on lists, and not just discard (it was originally decided we would never want this, but it's pretty clear the ideas around this has changed).

We have a few internal lists set to discard at this point. And to be clear of the differences:
* Allow -- any number of CCs are allowed
* Moderate -- if more than one list is in to or cc, email gets moderated and sender gets a notice (with option to withdraw)
* Discard -- if more than one list in to or cc, email gets discarded, and sender gets a notice

If an email is cced between a list that's moderate and one that's discard, it gets discarded from the one list and moderated on the other one, and the sender gets two separate notices. If it's cced between two lists that are both in moderate, the sender gets one moderation notice for each of them. If it's only cced between lists with discard policy, sender gets a single notice.

I haven't (yet) reconfigured any lists. But right now all our general lists have policy "allow". Should we more or less change all our public lists to be "moderate"?

--

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: apt.postgresql.org django app for www.postgresql.org
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Policy on cross-posting to multiple lists