Re: [HACKERS] pg_upgrade vs vacuum_cost_delay

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_upgrade vs vacuum_cost_delay
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] pg_upgrade vs vacuum_cost_delay  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 24, 2023 at 5:34 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 24, 2023 at 01:10:01PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> > Hi,

> > > That's exactly what I proposed, isn't it? :)
> >
> > You're right, I somehow only saw your mail after I had already sent
> > mine.
> >
> > To make up for this, I created a patch that implements our propoals, see
> > attached.
>
> This is already posssible with PGOPTIONS, so I don't see the need for
> a separate option:
>
>         PGOPTIONS='-c vacuum_cost_delay=99' psql -c 'SHOW vacuum_cost_delay;'
>         test
>          vacuum_cost_delay
>         -------------------
>          99ms
>         (1 row)
>
> Here is a patch which shows its usage.

Given how common this would be I think that's a pretty use-unfriendly
way to do it. I'd vote for still adding it.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

От: Matthias van de Meent
Сообщение: Re: Questions regarding Index AMs and natural ordering
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pg_upgrade vs vacuum_cost_delay