Re: Ask about bug numbering rules in pgsql-bugs mailing list

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Ask about bug numbering rules in pgsql-bugs mailing list
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Thu, Mar 7, 2024 at 9:19 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> On 2024-Mar-07, Jiangshan Liu wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> > I'm writing my thesis expecting to refer to commit issues on the PostgreSQL website pgsql-bugs mailing list via bug
numbering,but I'm concerned that some of the commit issues are not numbered (e.g.,
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/1958255.PYKUYFuaPT%40aivenlaptop#1bdd1e237c4858f85b0313522c6bad2c ), and I'm
curiousabout this, so I'd like to ask you for what reason this is happening, please! Thank you

> We have a web interface to report bugs, which assigns numbers to them;
> this interface simply copies the text to an email to the pgsql-bugs
> mailing list, including the assigned number.  However, many bugs are
> reported not via the web interface but instead by direct email to the
> same pgsql-bugs mailing list or even to another one (frequently
> pgsql-hackers, but others too); these do not get any number.  That's
> exactly what happened in the case you quote.
>
> We don't have a central bug tracking system.

That said, it is still quite possible to track bugs in Postgres;
simple even. https://twitter.com/robtreat2/status/1556991088912654337

Robert Treat
https://xzilla.net

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: Editor access to the wiki to upload slides
От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Excessive margin for code in h2