Re: SOLVED - RE: Poor performance using CTE

От Vitalii Tymchyshyn
Тема Re: SOLVED - RE: Poor performance using CTE
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

I'd also add ANALYZED/NOT ANALYZED. This should force it behave like 'create table, analyze, select' with statistics used in second query plan.

P.S. defaults can be configurable.

20 лист. 2012 02:22, "Gavin Flower" <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz> напис.
On 15/11/12 15:03, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
On 15 November 2012 01:46, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
It cuts both ways. I have used CTEs a LOT precisely because this behaviour
lets me get better plans. Without that I'll be back to using the "offset 0"
hack.
Is the "OFFSET 0" hack really so bad? We've been telling people to do
that for years, so it's already something that we've effectively
committed to.

How about adding the keywords FENCED and NOT FENCED to the SQL definition of CTE's - with FENCED being the default?

Cheers,
Gavin

От: Jon Nelson
Сообщение: Re: Poor performance using CTE
От: Gavin Flower
Сообщение: Re: Poor performance using CTE