Re: Typo in "27.2.8. Synchronous Replication"

От Eric Mutta
Тема Re: Typo in "27.2.8. Synchronous Replication"
Дата
Re: Typo in "27.2.8. Synchronous Replication"  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-docs
Hi Magnus, happy new year! Thanks for pushing the fix.

Coming from an SQL Server background where the docs are hosted on GitHub and minor changes like this can be made by simply submitting a pull request, I am wondering is there anything similar for the Postgres docs?

Going through a mailing list just to fix a typo feels like a lot of overhead!

On Sun, Jan 2, 2022, 19:08 Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 27, 2021 at 12:07 AM PG Doc comments form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/warm-standby.html
>
> The following sentence:
>
> > The minimum wait time is the round-trip time **between primary to
> standby.**
>
> Should either end with "...between primary AND standby" or end with "...FROM
> primary to standby".

That's indeed correct. Fix pushed. I went with "primary and standby"
because that's the terminology used elsewhere in the same file.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

От: PG Doc comments form
Сообщение: vectorization is not helping with plural to singular matching
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: vectorization is not helping with plural to singular matching