Re: Problem with pg_dump and decimal mark

От Eric Svenson
Тема Re: Problem with pg_dump and decimal mark
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Seems you have a locale mismatch issue. The dump is coming from a locale
where a '.' is the decimal mark and is being restored to a locale where
',' is the mark. Look at what the locales are the machines that work and
the one that does not.

I have already done that and found something strange:

On the PC where the backup was done with pg_dump, all locale settings of Postgres were English/United States. (LC_COLLATE, LC_CTYPE, LC_MONETARY, LC_NUMERIC in postgresql.conf)

On the first PC on which I tried to load the backup file with psql, all locale settings if Postgres were  German_Germany. Everything is ok, the SQL file with '.' as decimal point was accepted without a problem

On the second PC (Virtual Machine) I had the SAME settings in postgresql.conf (German_Germany)

-> no success

I tried to change all the settings to English/United States, restart postgres

-> still no success

Changed all Windows settings to English / United States

-> still no success.

So what I am searching for (at the moment without success) is the 'switch' which decides what decimal seperator to expect by psql.

That's what it sounds like all right, but how could that be?  The behavior
of float8in/float8out is not supposed to be locale-dependent.

float8in does depend on strtod(), whose behavior is locale-dependent
according to POSIX, but we keep LC_NUMERIC set to "C" to force it to
only believe that "." is decimal point.

Not sure if this makes a difference but if I am reading the original post correctly the OP was trying a plain text restore via psql.

This is correct.

regards and thanks for your support,
Eric Svenson

От: Joshua Boyd
Сообщение: Postgres 9.2 PITR testing to before DROP DATABASE ends up removing file system files
От: Dave Rosckes
Сообщение: Trying to get SSPI/JDBC working