pgbackrest with PAF(corosync and pacmaker)

От Ajay Pratap
Тема pgbackrest with PAF(corosync and pacmaker)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
##Arch
OS: Centos 7
PostgreSQL 10
pgbackrest 2.18
PAF: two nodes(primary and secondary ) with corosync and pacemaker

##Query
I am using pacemaker and corosync to setup two nodes High availability cluster for postgreSQL 10. In the scenario I want to setup timely backup with pgbackrest.
Using the _backup from standby_ feature I could able to take backup from my secondary  postgres. But if secondary postgres is down, it does not take backup from primary.

What I want?
I want to take backup from secondary postgres (--backup-standby), If secondary is unavailable, take backup from primary postgres.
Or if Primary postgres goes down backup should still continues from secondary (which would have been promoted to master now)

All backups are with remote repository
pgbackrest.conf for repo:
[data]
pg1-host=pgprimary
pg1-path=/var/lib/pgsql/10/data
pg2-host=pgsec
pg2-path=/var/lib/pgsql/10/data

[global]
backup-standby=y
process-max=3
repo1-path=/var/lib/pgbackrest
repo1-retention-full=2
start-fast=y

pgbackrest for primary and secondary postgres:

[data]
pg1-host=main
pg1-path=/var/lib/pgsql/10/data
pg2-host=sec
pg2-path=/var/lib/pgsql/10/data

[global]
backup-standby=n
process-max=3
repo1-path=/var/lib/pgbackrest
repo1-retention-full=2
start-fast=y

Is there any way to achieve this?
This sounds like a generic problem? Or am I doing something wrong

Regards,
ajay

Disclaimer: The information in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Drishti is neither liable for the improper, incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor any delay in its receipt. The communication is not intended to operate as an electronic signature under any applicable law. Drishti assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage resulting from the use of e-mails.

От: Ajay Pratap
Сообщение: Re: Pgbackrest backup is too slow
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Has there been any discussion of custom dictionaries being defined in the database?