Re: Use COPY for populating all pgbench tables

От Gurjeet Singh
Тема Re: Use COPY for populating all pgbench tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 9, 2023 at 5:42 PM Gregory Smith <gregsmithpgsql@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 9, 2023 at 1:25 PM Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet@singh.im> wrote:
>>
>> >     $ pgbench -i -I dtGvp -s 500
>>
>> The steps are severely under-documented in pgbench --help output.
>

> I agree it's not easy to find information.  I just went through double checking I had the order recently enough to
rememberwhat I did.  The man pages have this:

> > Each step is invoked in the specified order. The default is dtgvp.
>
> Which was what I wanted to read.  Meanwhile the --help output says:
>
> >  -I, --init-steps=[dtgGvpf]+ (default "dtgvp")
>
> %T$%%Which has the information without a lot of context for what it's used for.  I'd welcome some text expansion that
addeda minimal but functional improvement to that the existing help output; I don't have such text.

Please see attached 2 variants of the patch. Variant 1 simply tells
the reader to consult pgbench documentation. The second variant
provides a description for each of the letters, as the documentation
does. The committer can pick  the one they find suitable.

Best regards,
Gurjeet
http://Gurje.et

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready
От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: Fix search_path for all maintenance commands