Re: Use COPY for populating all pgbench tables

От Gurjeet Singh
Тема Re: Use COPY for populating all pgbench tables
Дата
Re: Use COPY for populating all pgbench tables  (Gregory Smith <gregsmithpgsql@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 9, 2023 at 6:24 AM Gregory Smith <gregsmithpgsql@gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately there's no simple command line option to change just that one thing about how pgbench runs.  You have
toconstruct a command line that documents each and every step you want instead.  You probably just want this form:

>     $ pgbench -i -I dtGvp -s 500

The steps are severely under-documented in pgbench --help output.
Grepping that output I could not find any explanation of these steps,
so I dug through the code and found them in runInitSteps(). Just as I
was thinking of writing a patch to remedy that, just to be sure, I
checked online docs and sure enough, they are well-documented under
pgbench [1].

I think at least a pointer to the the pgbench docs should be mentioned
in the pgbench --help output; an average user may not rush to read the
code to find the explanation, but a hint to where to find more details
about what the letters in --init-steps mean, would save them a lot of
time.

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/pgbench.html

Best regards,
Gurjeet
http://Gurje.et

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Partial aggregates pushdown
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: win32ver data in meson-built postgres.exe