Re: help:error while running postgres after installing postgresql server from source code

От Shulgin, Oleksandr
Тема Re: help:error while running postgres after installing postgresql server from source code
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 6:42 PM, Shubham Barai <shubhambaraiss@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was trying to install postgresql from source code on ubuntu.I followed all the instructions and installed all the packages.I was also able to create database cluster but when I executed this command 'postgres -D /usr/local/pgsql/data' I got this
>
>  $ postgres -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
> > The program 'postgres' is currently not installed. You can install it by
> > typing:
> > sudo apt-get install postgres-xc

That really depends on where you did install the binary files.  Did you specify a --prefix option when running configure script?  If so, you might need a command like the following:

$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

Actually, assuming you've created the database by using the newly installed initdb command, you just need to replace "initdb" with "postgres" in that command.

--
Alex

От: Shubham Barai
Сообщение: help:error while running postgres after installing postgresql server from source code
От: Tom Smith
Сообщение: Re: TABLESAMPLE usage