Re: Prepared statements performance

От Daniel McGreal
Тема Re: Prepared statements performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Unfortunately these are experimental conditions. The conditions surrounding the intended application are such that my two options are prepared statements or many inserts. I put the multi-value inserts in as I was curious as to why prepared statements would be slower given they only plan the query once (as also does the multi-value insert, I assume).

It turns out though that the results are skewed by using pgAdmin. Executing my scripts from the command line gives much more appropriate results.

Thanks,
Dan.

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello

2012/5/10 Daniel McGreal <daniel.mcgreal@redbite.com>:
> Hi again,
>
> I did a follow up test using 'multi-value' inserts which is three times
> faster than multiple inserts thusly:

if you need speed, use a COPY statement - it should be 10x faster than INSERTS

Pavel

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Prepared statements performance
От: Horaci Macias
Сообщение: vacuum, vacuum full and problems releasing disk space