Re: cast to domain with default collation issue.

От jian he
Тема Re: cast to domain with default collation issue.
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Otherwise, all input expressions must have the same implicit collation derivation or the default collation. If any non-default collation is present, that is the result of the collation combination. Otherwise, the result is the default collation.

I think the above quote part can be used to explain the  following examples.
CREATE TABLE test1 ( a text COLLATE "de_DE", b text COLLATE "es_ES", c text );
SELECT a < 'foo' FROM test1;
SELECT c < 'foo' FROM test1;
But the non-default seems not that correct for me. Like a column if it does not mention anything, then the default value is null. So
create table test111( a tex
t) The default collation for column a is the same as the output of show lc_collate.
so there is no non-default?

On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 10:43 AM David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Monday, May 23, 2022, jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> wrote:

CREATE DOMAIN testdomain AS text;

 --asume the default collation is as per show LC_COLLATE;

– on my pc, it is C.UTF-8.

--So the testdomain will be collation "C.UTF-8"

------------

=> \d collate_test1

            Table "test.collate_test1"

 Column |  Type   | Collation | Nullable | Default

--------+---------+-----------+----------+---------

 a      | integer |           |          |

 b      | text    | en-x-icu  | not null |

My guess is that the following should be the same.

My reading of the docs say this is consistent with outcome #2.

 David J.

--
 I recommend David Deutsch's <<The Beginning of Infinity>>

  Jian

От: Aleš Zelený
Сообщение: Re: Pg14 possible index corruption after reindex concurrently
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: cast to domain with default collation issue.