Re: MERGE ... RETURNING

От jian he
Тема Re: MERGE ... RETURNING
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi.
v13 works fine. all tests passed. The code is very intuitive. played
with multi WHEN clauses, even with before/after row triggers, work as
expected.

I don't know when replace_outer_merging will be invoked. even set a
breakpoint on it. coverage shows replace_outer_merging only called
once.

sql-merge.html miss mentioned RETURNING need select columns privilege?
in sql-insert.html, we have:
"Use of the RETURNING clause requires SELECT privilege on all columns
mentioned in RETURNING. If you use the query clause to insert rows
from a query, you of course need to have SELECT privilege on any table
or column used in the query."

I saw the change in src/sgml/glossary.sgml, So i looked around. in the
"Materialized view (relation)" part. "It cannot be modified via
INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE operations.". Do we need to put "MERGE" into
that sentence?
also there is SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE,  do we need to add a
MERGE entry in glossary.sgml?

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: A recent message added to pg_upgade
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Remove MSVC scripts from the tree