Update Help on PREPARE to mention DEALLOCATE

От Kirk Wolak
Тема Update Help on PREPARE to mention DEALLOCATE
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Please notice this exchange:

16:20:02 devuser@nctest= # \h deallocate
Command:     DEALLOCATE
Syntax:
DEALLOCATE [ PREPARE ] { name | ALL }

16:20:11 devuser@nctest= # \h PREPARE
Command:     PREPARE
Syntax:
PREPARE name [ ( data_type [, ...] ) ] AS statement

Notice.  The DEALLOCATE  shows [ PREPARE ]
Which is great because the two commands go together.
Unfortunately it's asymmetry is painful.  Because I ALWAYS remember PREPARE.
It's DEALLOCATE I always struggle to remember.

Could we make the PREPARE line read

PREPARE [ DEALLOCATE ] ...?

So it's more consistent, and the user using a PREPARE gets a clue to DEALLOCATE?

Thanks!

От: Pavel Luzanov
Сообщение: pg_createsubscriber: A more precise link to the initial data sync
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Update Help on PREPARE to mention DEALLOCATE