Re: v16 regression - wrong query results with LEFT JOINs + join removal

От Kirk Wolak
Тема Re: v16 regression - wrong query results with LEFT JOINs + join removal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 11:50 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 10:14 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ouch, so we've had a known queries-returning-wrong-answers bug for
> more than two months. That's not great. I'll try to find time today to
> check whether the patches on that thread resolve this issue.

I tried out the v3 patches from that thread and they don't seem to
make any difference for me in this test case. So either (1) it's a
different issue or (2) those patches don't fully fix it or (3) I'm bad
at testing things.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Forgive the noob question...  But does this trigger a regression test to be created?
And who tracks/pushes that?

Kirk...

От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: Overhauling "Routine Vacuuming" docs, particularly its handling of freezing
От: Jim Mlodgenski
Сообщение: Re: Large files for relations