Re: Very high latency, low bandwidth replication

От Bob Jolliffe
Тема Re: Very high latency, low bandwidth replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Stuart.  I'll do some measurements on plaintext dump to git.

On 2 July 2014 09:46, Stuart Bishop <stuart@stuartbishop.net> wrote:
On 30 June 2014 15:05, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@gmail.com> wrote:

> What are people's thoughts about a more optimal solution?  I would like to
> use a more incremental approach to replication.  This does not have to be a
> "live" replication .. asynchronously triggering once every 24 hours is
> sufficient.  Also there are only a subset of tables which are required (the
> rest consist of data which is generated).

WAL shipping is probably best here. Configure an archive_command on
the master to  compress and push logs to cloud storage, and configure
a hot standby on site to pull and decompress the logs. The wal-e tool
may make things simpler pushing to cloud storage, or just follow the
PostgreSQL documentation to archive the WAL files to a filesystem.

If that isn't good enough, you can look at more esoteric approaches
(eg. nightly plaintext dumps to a git repository, pushing changes to
disk on site).

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@stuartbishop.net>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/

От: Bob Jolliffe
Сообщение: Re: Very high latency, low bandwidth replication
От: Francisco Olarte
Сообщение: Re: Very high latency, low bandwidth replication