Re: deadlock under load

От Bob Jolliffe
Тема Re: deadlock under load
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

On 30 November 2012 15:57, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@gmail.com> writes:
> We am running a web application on ubuntu 10.10 using postgres 8.4.3.

Current release in that branch is 8.4.14.  (By this time next week
it'll be 8.4.15.)  You are missing a lot of bug fixes:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/release.html

Sorry I reported that incorrectly.  8.4.3 was initially installed but the package system has kept it up to date.  Currently it is in fact 8.4.14.

> Trying to interpret this, does this mean that the autovacuum process is
> holding a lock which is required tn order to complete the select
> query?

Possibly.  Looking into the pg_locks view would tell you more.

Ok.  I guess I will have to wait for it to lock up again to do this.

От: Shaun Thomas
Сообщение: Re: Optimize update query
От: Ben Chobot
Сообщение: shared_buffers on ubuntu precise