Re: Perf decreased although server is better

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Perf decreased although server is better
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 8:26 AM, Benjamin Toueg <btoueg@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm facing a peformance decrease after switching to a more performant VPS :

In my world, the VPS that performs worse is not considered "more
performant", no matter what the sales materials say.

> What benchmark should I perform before switching to a new server?

Personally, I always like to run bonnie++ and the STREAM RAM test
before even installing the database software.

> What's your rule of thumb regarding my specific issue? What should be
> investigated first?

I would start by comparing the results of both of the
above-mentioned tests for the two environments.

Just one observation, based on the limited data -- a higher network
latency between the client and the database might explain what
you've presented.  I would check that, too.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: Perf decreased although server is better
От: Rick Otten
Сообщение: Re: Perf decreased although server is better