Improve "select count(*)" query - takes more than 30 mins for some large tables

От Raj kumar
Тема Improve "select count(*)" query - takes more than 30 mins for some large tables
Дата
Re: Improve "select count(*)" query - takes more than 30 mins for some large tables  (Holger Jakobs <holger@jakobs.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

How can I improve "select count(*)" for larger tables? I'm doing a db migration and need to validate the data count.
"select count(*) " queries are taking more than 30 minutes for some tables which is more than the downtime we have.
Will work_mem increase help? or how can i speed up this row count?

Thanks,
Raj

От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: Storing large large JSON objects in JSONB
От: Florents Tselai
Сообщение: Re: Improve "select count(*)" query - takes more than 30 mins for some large tables