Re: Freeze avoidance of very large table.

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Freeze avoidance of very large table.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 1:23 AM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 5:30 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> I left out the relkind check from the final commit because, for one
> thing, the check you added isn't actually right: toast relations can
> also have a visibility map.  And also, I'm sort of wondering what the
> point of that check is.  What does it protect us from?  It doesn't
> seem very future-proof ... what if we add a new relkind in the future?
>  Do we really want to have to update this?
>
> How about instead changing things so that we specifically reject
> indexes?  And maybe some kind of a check that will reject anything
> that lacks a relfilnode?  That seems like it would be more on point.

I agree, I don't have strong opinion about this.
It would be good to add condition for rejecting only indexes.
Attached patches are,
 - Change heap2 rmgr description
 - Add condition to pg_visibility
 - Fix typo in pgvisibility.sgml
(Sorry for the late notice..)

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada

От: Josh berkus
Сообщение: Re: JPUG wants to have a copyright notice on the translated doc
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Freeze avoidance of very large table.