Re: Testing autovacuum wraparound (including failsafe)

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Testing autovacuum wraparound (including failsafe)
Дата
Re: Testing autovacuum wraparound (including failsafe)  (vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Sorry for the late reply.

On Sun, Sep 3, 2023 at 2:48 PM Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 01:47:51PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> > > On 12 Jul 2023, at 09:52, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Agreed. The timeout can be set by manually setting
> > > PG_TEST_TIMEOUT_DEFAULT, but I bump it to 10 min by default. And it
> > > now require setting PG_TET_EXTRA to run it.
> >
> > +# bump the query timeout to avoid false negatives on slow test syetems.
> > typo: s/syetems/systems/
> >

> > +# bump the query timeout to avoid false negatives on slow test syetems.
> > +$ENV{PG_TEST_TIMEOUT_DEFAULT} = 600;
> > Does this actually work?  Utils.pm read the environment variable at compile
> > time in the BEGIN block so this setting won't be seen?  A quick testprogram
> > seems to confirm this but I might be missing something.
>
> The correct way to get a longer timeout is "IPC::Run::timer(4 *
> $PostgreSQL::Test::Utils::timeout_default);".  Even if changing env worked,
> that would be removing the ability for even-slower systems to set timeouts
> greater than 10min.

Agreed.

I've attached new version patches. 0001 patch adds an option to
background_psql to specify the timeout seconds, and 0002 patch is the
main regression test patch.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada

От: Alexander Pyhalov
Сообщение: Re: Partial aggregates pushdown
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: should frontend tools use syncfs() ?