Re: Testing autovacuum wraparound (including failsafe)

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Testing autovacuum wraparound (including failsafe)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 29, 2023 at 7:17 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

> > On 27 Sep 2023, at 14:39, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I've attached new version patches. 0001 patch adds an option to
> > background_psql to specify the timeout seconds, and 0002 patch is the
> > main regression test patch.
>
> -=item PostgreSQL::Test::BackgroundPsql->new(interactive, @params)
> +=item PostgreSQL::Test::BackgroundPsql->new(interactive, @params, timeout)
>
> Looking at this I notice that I made a typo in 664d757531e, the =item line
> should have "@psql_params" and not "@params".  Perhaps you can fix that minor
> thing while in there?
>

> +       $timeout = $params{timeout} if defined $params{timeout};
>
> I think this should be documented in the background_psql POD docs.

While updating the documentation, I found the following description:

=item $node->background_psql($dbname, %params) =>
PostgreSQL::Test::BackgroundPsql inst$
Invoke B<psql> on B<$dbname> and return a BackgroundPsql object.

A default timeout of $PostgreSQL::Test::Utils::timeout_default is set up,
which can be modified later.

Is it true that we can modify the timeout after creating
BackgroundPsql object? If so, it seems we don't need to introduce the
new timeout argument. But how?

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada

От: "Drouvot, Bertrand"
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Optimizing nbtree ScalarArrayOp execution, allowing multi-column ordered scans, skip scan