Re: How to make PostreSQL utilities honor home directories?

От Ken Tanzer
Тема Re: How to make PostreSQL utilities honor home directories?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Thu, Sep 1, 2022 at 4:09 PM Peter <pmc@citylink.dinoex.sub.org> wrote:

! It produces failures:
!
!     could not change directory to "/home/jwalton/godojo": Permission denied

 ... this appears to me as rather a sudo issue. Because certainly
psql cannot execute /as user postgres/ in a directory where user
postgres is not allowed to enter.

FWIW, I don't think this is quite true, and it's more of a warning than a failure.  For example, from my own directory I can sudo to postgres and run a psql shell with no problem.  It will complain about not being able to change directory, but it will then proceed to load and run psql just fine...

[ktanzer@hosting ~]$ sudo -u postgres psql
could not change directory to "/home/ktanzer": Permission denied
psql...

Cheers,
Ken

--
AGENCY Software
A Free Software data system

learn more about AGENCY or
follow the discussion.

От: Jeffrey Walton
Сообщение: Re: How to make PostreSQL utilities honor home directories?
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: How to make PostreSQL utilities honor home directories?