Re: session username in default psql prompt?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: session username in default psql prompt?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 25, 2024 at 9:14 AM Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres@jeltef.nl> wrote:
On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 at 14:06, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 25, 2024 at 4:30 AM Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres@jeltef.nl> wrote:
> > That problem seems easy to address by adding a newline into the
> > default prompt.
>
> Ugh. Please, no!

I guess it's partially a matter of taste, but personally I'm never
going back to a single line prompt. It's so nice for zoomed-in demos
that your SQL queries don't get broken up.

Very  much a matter of taste. I knew when I saw your suggestion there would be some kickback. If horizontal space is at a premium vertical space is doubly so, I suspect.

cheers

andrew

От: Jacob Champion
Сообщение: Re: WIP Incremental JSON Parser
От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: Statistics Import and Export