Re: pg_dump and pg_restore and foreign keys

От Tore Halvorsen
Тема Re: pg_dump and pg_restore and foreign keys
Дата
Список pgsql-general
That would be appending it for "pg_catalog.pg_get_constraintdef(oid) AS condef"  in getConstraints in pg_dump.c?

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 3:27 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Tore Halvorsen <tore.halvorsen@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm trying to restore a database where adding foreign key constraints takes
> most of the time. Does there exist a simple way to make either pg_dump or
> pg_restore handle them as "not valid", and defer the validation.

No.  It's kind of a neat idea perhaps, but it's not there.  You could

* use parallel pg_restore to alleviate the pain, or

* use pg_restore's -l and -L switches to strip out the FKs altogether,
and then re-add them manually afterwards.

Or there's always

* hack the pg_dump source code to include NOT VALID.  While a real
feature patch that made this optional would be a bit complicated,
doing it unconditionally should be a one-line change.

Eld på åren og sol på eng gjer mannen fegen og fjåg. [Jøtul]
<demo> Tore Halvorsen || +052 0553034554

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump and pg_restore and foreign keys
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump and pg_restore and foreign keys