Re: Notify When Streaming Replication Failover Occurred (slave promoted to master).

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Notify When Streaming Replication Failover Occurred (slave promoted to master).
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 at 19:32, Avi Weinberg <AviW@gilat.com> wrote:

I need to take actions when Postgres streaming replication failover occurred.  Is there a way to be notified when Postgres slave becomes master?  If no such notification possible, what is the best way to actively monitor which server is master.  My Postgres  is running inside Kubernetes and the HA is managed by Patroni.

On the surface this seems like a great idea, however contemplating this a bit more; where would the signal come from ? Currently the only option I can think of is to send a NOTIFY.
It seems to me that the Patroni code is a better place to do this from.

Dave

От: "Avi Weinberg"
Сообщение: Notify When Streaming Replication Failover Occurred (slave promoted to master).
От: Vijaykumar Jain
Сообщение: immutable function querying table for partitioning