Re: Trying to build x86 version on windows using meson

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Trying to build x86 version on windows using meson
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andres,

On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 at 12:51, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
Hi,

On 2024-03-21 07:11:23 -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
> It seems that attempting to cross-compile on an ARM machine might be asking
> too much as the use cases are pretty limited.

It for sure is if you don't even provide the precise commands and logs of a
failed run...

> So the impetus for this is that folks require 32bit versions of psqlODBC.
> Unfortunately EDB is no longer distributing a 32 bit windows version.
>
> All I really need is a 32bit libpq. This seems like a much smaller lift.
> Suggestions ?

FWIW, I can cross compile postgres from linux to 32bit windows without an
issue. If you really just need a 32bit libpq, that might actually be easier.

cd /tmp/ && rm -rf /tmp/meson-w32 && m setup --buildtype debug -Dcassert=true -Db_pch=true --cross-file ~/src/meson/cross/linux-mingw-w64-32bit.txt /tmp/meson-w32 ~/src/postgresql && cd /tmp/meson-w32 && ninja

file src/interfaces/libpq/libpq.dll
src/interfaces/libpq/libpq.dll: PE32 executable (DLL) (console) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, 19 sections

You'd need a windows openssl to actually have a useful libpq, but that should
be fairly simple.

There are two warnings that I think point to us doing something wrong, but they're not affecting libpq:

[1585/1945 42  81%] Linking target src/bin/pgevent/pgevent.dll
/usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-ld: warning: resolving _DllRegisterServer by linking to _DllRegisterServer@0
Use --enable-stdcall-fixup to disable these warnings
Use --disable-stdcall-fixup to disable these fixups
/usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-ld: warning: resolving _DllUnregisterServer by linking to _DllUnregisterServer@0

Attached correct log file

Dave

От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: add AVX2 support to simd.h
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: An improved README experience for PostgreSQL