Re: Incremental backup

От Edu Gargiulo
Тема Re: Incremental backup
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 12:36 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 10/28/21 05:23, Edu Gargiulo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any way to make incremental backups in postgres-12?

It would helpful to be more explicit about what you are trying to achieve.

Do you want:

1) A continuous process or scheduled one?

Scheduled

2) Local or remote backups?

Local. Now I'm doing locally and copying backups to other servers.

 3) The backup as a standby?

Now I'have a standby cluster via physical replication. Could do the backup from standby server too.

4) Any other features requests you might have.

90% of the data in the databse is "static data" (compressed timescaledb chunks), I want to append only that 10% of recently inserted or updated data daily to yesterday backup, instead of do a full backup daily.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english

--
Eduardo