Re: Remove some useless casts to (void *)

От Corey Huinker
Тема Re: Remove some useless casts to (void *)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Feb 2, 2023 at 5:22 PM Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
I have found that in some corners of the code some calls to standard C
functions are decorated with casts to (void *) for no reason, and this
code pattern then gets copied around.  I have gone through and cleaned
this up a bit, in the attached patches.

The involved functions are: repalloc, memcpy, memset, memmove, memcmp,
qsort, bsearch

Also hash_search(), for which there was a historical reason (the
argument used to be char *), but not anymore.

+1

All code is example code.

Applies.
Passes make check world.

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Amcheck verification of GiST and GIN
От: Peter Smith
Сообщение: Re: Support logical replication of DDLs