Re: Resolving the python 2 -> python 3 mess

От Corey Huinker
Тема Re: Resolving the python 2 -> python 3 mess
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
So, as with Jesse's example, what I'm wondering is whether or not 2to3
will fix that for you (or even flag it).  The basic difference between
the two alternatives I suggested is whether we force people to put their
python function through that converter before we'll even try to run it.
Subtleties that 2to3 doesn't catch seem like non-reasons to insist on
applying it.

The 2018 vintage of 2to3 didn't catch it.

It's not firsthand knowledge, but I just watched a nearby team have some production issues where one library couldn't fetch b'http://foo.org' so I'm guessing 2to3 still doesn't catch those things, or they stopped using it.

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: Memory-Bounded Hash Aggregation
От: David Zhang
Сообщение: Re: First WAL segment file that initdb creates