Re: Connections spike

От Lucio Chiessi
Тема Re: Connections spike
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Hajesh.
The application is responsible for opening the connections.
But you can having some locks or slow queries that cause the application to open more connections, since the current number of opened connections were not responding to application in good time.
You need to revise your queries in the pg_stat_activity and talk to your Dev Guys.

Lucio Chiessi

Senior Database Administrator

Trustly, Inc.

M: +55 27 996360276

On Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 10:43 AM Rajesh Kumar <rajeshkumar.dba09@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

Is there a way to check the reason for connection hike suddenly?

Usually total connections stay within threshold. Rarely connections cross that threshold.

How exactly to find the cause using pg_stat_activity?

Please read our privacy policy here on how we process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR”) and other applicable data protection legislation.

От: Lucio Chiessi
Сообщение: Another way to do audit in DML operations in PostgreSQL >= 14
От: "norbert poellmann"
Сообщение: Would you ever recommend Shared Disk Failover for HA?