Re: The postgres server don't work

От Mohammed falih
Тема Re: The postgres server don't work
Дата
Список pgsql-general
yes I think the service doesn't even start

I have only the default protection that comes with the operating system

wow the postgres started working!! but the problem came back that talks about console code " WARNING: Console code page (437) differs from Windows code page (1252)
         8-bit characters might not work correctly. See psql reference         page "Notes for Windows users" for details."

On Sun, 9 Jan 2022, 2:18 am Adrian Klaver, <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 1/8/22 14:47, Mohammed falih wrote:
> I mean by broken that when I run psql shell or padding I receive this
> error " " could not connect to server: Connection
> refused (0x0000274D/10061)
>   Is the server running on host "localhost" (::1) and accepting
>        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?"
>
> and about the log file , usually this problem happens after my laptop
> turned off or restart
> so last line in the log file is "database system is shut down"
> and no matter how many times I tried by restart the laptop nothing  changes

I am not following '...usually this problem happens after my laptop
turned off or restart...'. This would seem to imply that the service
does start sometimes. Is that the case?

> the ex files are all in their right location , and I tried both ways in
> regular running and as administrator and nothing different
>
> yes the postgres.exe is exist there

Do you have an Anti-Virus program running on this machine?

> and about the console code problem ,yes maybe this error is related to
> the client but I realized that after I make this solution and make
> restart to the laptop , the postgres begins to not working ,maybe this
> was a coincidence I don't know

Then undo the changes and see what happens? I sort of doubt it is the
issue though.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: The postgres server don't work
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: The postgres server don't work