Re: BDR that performs

От P C
Тема Re: BDR that performs
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hello Travis,

We have had this requirement (true BDR that also handles DDLs & Conflict Resolution) and have been researching the options for a long time and I'll send you more details soon, but meanwhile curious to understand why EDB BDR is not an option?

Thanks

On Fri, 14 Jun 2024 at 17:39, Smith, Travis <Travis.Smith@circana.com> wrote:

Hello Beautiful People,

I have a question regarding a good performing BDR system for Postgres.  I am currently evaluating/prototyping a primary-primary/master-master replication system.  I have a question around the experience held by the community at large.   Has anyone worked in a production environment with a solid BDR platform that performs well?   I am currently testing SymmetricDS but I am worried about a few things although the feature set is salivating.

Any hints to other software would be great, the organization has budget cap to bring a talented consultant or consultant firm in to fulfill an advisory role.

So far I have reviewed:

Greenplum  -- always lagging in version

PG 16 logical replication – very basic – manual conflict resolution.

SymmetricDS – trigger based replication

EDB BDR (PGD) – not an option at this time

Thank you in advance,

Travis Smith

VP Business Technology

Circana

travis.smith@circana.com

C: 773.349.1415

203 North LaSalle Street, Suite 1500

circana.com     LinkedIn     Twitter     Facebook     YouTube     Instagram

We Are Now Circana! IRI and NPD have come together to form Circana, the world’s leading advisor on the complexity of consumer behavior. Learn more.