Re: [External] Re: Slot issues

От Vijaykumar Jain
Тема Re: [External] Re: Slot issues
Дата
Список pgsql-general
ah that explains.
Thanks andres.

I do not use rsync, hence was not able to reproduce i guess :)

Regards,
Vijay

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 2:46 AM bhargav kamineni <bhargavpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:
Yeah i have used rsync , Got it now will increase the max_replication_slots to high enough , Thank you Andres Freund :-)

On Mon, 15 Oct 2018 at 02:40, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
Hi,

Please try to quote properly.

On 2018-10-15 01:57:53 +0530, bhargav kamineni wrote:
> I got his on standby,  could you please explain in detail about
>  --*but that *on the standby* haven't set max_replication_slots high enough*
> .

What is max_replication_slots set to on the new standby?

If you created the new basebackup using rsync, and didn't exclude
pg_replication_slot, it'll have copied the slots from the primary.  And
thus needs a high enough max_replication_slots to work with them.

- Andres

От: Vijaykumar Jain
Сообщение: Re: [External] Re: Slot issues
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Slot issues