Re: [HACKERS] Row Level Security Documentation

От Dean Rasheed
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Row Level Security Documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 26 September 2017 at 00:42, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> * Dean Rasheed (dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com) wrote:
>> Attached is a proposed patch...
>
> I've taken a look through this and generally agree with it.

Thanks for looking at this.

> the bits inside <literal> ... </literal> tags should be
> consistently capitalized (you had one case of 'All' that I noticed)

Yes, that's a typo. Will fix.

> I wonder if it'd be better to have the "simple" description *first*
> instead of later on, eg, where you have "Thus the overall result is
> that" we might want to try and reword things to decribe it as "Overall,
> it works thusly, ..., and the specifics are ...".

OK, that makes sense. I'll try it that way round.

> That's a relatively minor point, however, and I do feel that this patch
> is a definite improvement.  Were you thinking of just applying this for
> v10, or back-patching all or part of it..?

I was planning on back-patching it to 9.5, taking out the parts
relating the restrictive policies as appropriate. Currently the 9.5
and 9.6 docs are identical, as are 10 and HEAD, and 9.5/9.6 only
differs from 10/HEAD in a couple of places where they mention
restrictive policies. IMO we should stick to that, making any
improvements available in the back-branches. I was also thinking the
same about the new summary table, although I haven't properly reviewed
that yet.

Regards,
Dean

От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: [HACKERS] v10 pg_ctl compatibility
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Row Level Security Documentation