Re: persist logical slots to disk during shutdown checkpoint

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: persist logical slots to disk during shutdown checkpoint
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 7, 2023 at 4:11 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 7, 2023 at 3:38 PM Ashutosh Bapat
> <ashutosh.bapat.oss@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >   * This needn't actually be part of a checkpoint, but it's a convenient
> > - * location.
> > + * location. is_shutdown is true in case of a shutdown checkpoint.
> >
> > Relying on the first sentence, if we decide to not persist the
> > replication slot at the time of checkpoint, would that be OK? It
> > doesn't look like a convenience thing to me any more.
> >

> Instead of removing that comment, how about something like this: "This
> needn't actually be part of a checkpoint except for shutdown
> checkpoint, but it's a convenient location."?

I find the wording a bit awkward. My version would be "Checkpoint is a
convenient location to persist all the slots. But in a shutdown
checkpoint, indicated by is_shutdown = true, we also update
confirmed_flush." But please feel free to choose whichever version you
are comfortable with.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat

От: "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)"
Сообщение: RE: pg_ctl start may return 0 even if the postmaster has been already started on Windows
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: missing privilege check after not-null constraint rework