Re: New function to show index being vacuumed

От Matthias van de Meent
Тема Re: New function to show index being vacuumed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 at 16:45, Imseih (AWS), Sami <simseih@amazon.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> [1] is a ready-for-committer enhancement to pg_stat_progress_vacuum which exposes
> the total number of indexes to vacuum and how many indexes have been vacuumed in
> the current vacuum cycle.
>
> To even further improve visibility into index vacuuming, it would be beneficial to have a
> function called pg_stat_get_vacuum_index(pid) that takes in a pid and returns the
> indexrelid of the index being processed.

I'm sorry for not having read (and not reading) the other thread yet,
but what was the reason we couldn't store that oid in a column in the
pg_s_p_vacuum-view?

Could you summarize the other solutions that were considered for this issue?

Kind regards,

Matthias van de Meent
Neon, Inc.

От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: allow granting CLUSTER, REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW, and REINDEX
От: "Imseih (AWS), Sami"
Сообщение: Re: New function to show index being vacuumed