Re: cleanup patches for incremental backup

От Matthias van de Meent
Тема Re: cleanup patches for incremental backup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 16 Jan 2024 at 16:39, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 3:31 PM Matthias van de Meent
> <boekewurm+postgres@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Off-list I was notified that the new WAL summarizer process was not
> > yet added to the glossary, so PFA a patch that does that.
> > In passing, it also adds "incremental backup" to the glossary, and
> > updates the documented types of backends in monitoring.sgml with the
> > new backend type, too.
>
> I wonder if it's possible that you sent the wrong version of this
> patch, because:
>
> (1) The docs don't build with this applied. I'm not sure if it's the
> only problem, but <glossterm linkend="glossary-db-cluster" is missing
> the closing >.

That's my mistake, I didn't check install-world yet due to unrelated
issues building the docs. I've since sorted out these issues (this was
a good stick to get that done), so this issue is fixed in the attached
patch.

> (2) The changes to monitoring.sgml contain an unrelated change, about
> pg_stat_all_indexes.idx_scan.

Thanks for noticing, fixed in attached.

> Also, I think the "For more information, see <xref linkend="whatever"
> /> bit should have a period after the markup tag, as we seem to do in
> other cases.

Fixed.

> One other thought is that the incremental backup only replaces
> relation files with incremental files, and it never does anything
> about FSM files. So the statement that it only contains data that was
> potentially changed isn't quite correct. It might be better to phrase
> it the other way around i.e. it is like a full backup, except that
> some files can be replaced by incremental files which omit blocks to
> which no WAL-logged changes have been made.

How about the attached?

Kind regards,

Matthias van de Meent

От: Przemysław Sztoch
Сообщение: Re: UUID v7
От: Ranier Vilela
Сообщение: Re: Fix a possible socket leak at Windows (src/backend/port/win32/socket.c)