Re: Let's Do the CoC Right

От Geoff Winkless
Тема Re: Let's Do the CoC Right
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 22 January 2016 at 19:37, David E. Wheeler <david@justatheory.com> wrote:
> On Jan 22, 2016, at 11:28 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>
>> Regardless whether it's true or not (to which I cannot speak), surely statements like that would violate *both* the
contributorcovenant *and* the CoC suggested by others.

> It may well violate the Contributor Covenant (my apologies, I was out of line), but not the current draft of the CoC,
IME.Why? Because that’s just my opinion, and the CoC draft formally recognizes my right to have an “opposing view”.

You are welcome to hold that view, but you are not welcome to express
it in a personal derogatory way. At no point does the CoC say "you can
come here and _express_ your opinions in an unfettered manner".

Geoff