Re: Trigger function cannot reference field name with capital letter

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: Trigger function cannot reference field name with capital letter
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 14 August 2014 08:10, Patrick Dung <patrick_dkt@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:
> Thanks all for the help.
>
> BTW, letter casing is just a preference.
> Some people liked to use all small caps, some liked to use all big caps.
> I sometimes found that mixed case is more meaningful for the filed (eg.
> serialnumber vs serialNumber)
>
> What is your preference or suggestion?

You can use whatever case you like, as long as you never quote your
identifiers so they stay case-insensitive. As long as you stick to
that rule, you can use upper or lower camel caps or all upper or lower
case in your SQL.

The need for quoting identifiers often comes from ORM's that attempt
to preserve case, which is totally unnecessary and causes more trouble
than it has benefits.

От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: Pass where clause to a function
От: Thomas Kellerer
Сообщение: How to cast to regprocedure with OUT parameters