Re: Feature request (or at least discussion): enable autovaccum ontemp tables

От Ivan Voras
Тема Re: Feature request (or at least discussion): enable autovaccum ontemp tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 31 May 2019 at 17:34, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

pá 31. 5. 2019 v 17:26 odesílatel Ivan Voras <ivoras@gmail.com> napsal:
Hello,

autovacuum check tables once per minute, and working on closed transactions. Lot of times temporary tables are filled inside some batch, and immediately some query is started over this table. It is very low probability to analyze temp table at good time automatically. So only explicit call of ANALYZE is correct solution.

There are two types of workloads we're talking about: short ones, for which autovacuum is probably not worth it, and long-running ones (in our case, hours), where it is. So that's why I'm advocating a GUC toggle.

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Feature request (or at least discussion): enable autovaccum ontemp tables
От: Adam Brusselback
Сообщение: Re: Feature request (or at least discussion): enable autovaccum ontemp tables