Re: Bug in tzdata 2022g

От Nacho Caballero
Тема Re: Bug in tzdata 2022g
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Thanks to the reply, Tom. My bad, I was being misled by savvytime.com, startpage.com and search.brave.com

Other providers like timeanddate.com, google.com and https://www.cenam.mx/hora_oficial/default2.aspx have the correct time.

On Sat, May 6, 2023 at 4:50 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Nacho Caballero <nachocab@gmail.com> writes:
> There appears to be a bug in the latest postgres release, which uses tzdata
> 2022g to reflect the recent DST change in Mexico.

I see no bug here.  America/Mexico_City is reported as being -06
all year round, which agrees with what the tzdb commentary says:

# From Paul Eggert (2022-10-28):
# The new Mexican law was published today:
# https://www.dof.gob.mx/nota_detalle.php?codigo=5670045&fecha=28/10/2022
# This abolishes DST except where US DST rules are observed,
# and in addition changes all of Chihuahua to -06 with no DST.

Meanwhile, Bogota has been -05 year-round since the nineties.

If you disagree with either of these conclusions, you had better
provide some solid evidence to back it up; and the place to be
complaining to is the tzdata maintainers, not us.

> However, when I run it in PostgreSQL 12.10 (Ubuntu 12.10-1.pgdg20.04+1), I
> get the right answer (no time difference):

Apparently, your PG 12.10 installation is using some pre-2022f
version of tzdata.  Mexico didn't abolish DST until late last year.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Bug in tzdata 2022g
От: PG Bug reporting form
Сообщение: BUG #17922: ANY vs IN execution plan difference for a single explicit input value