Re: Draft release notes for next week's releases

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Draft release notes for next week's releases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 2:06 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 12:55 AM, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:
>  We'll post the patch.

Cool.

> Teodor made something to get abbreviated keys work as
> I remember. I should say, that 27x improvement I got on my macbook. I will
> check on linux.

I think that Linux will be much faster. The stxfrm() blob produced by
Mac OSX will have a horribly low concentration of entropy. For an 8
byte Datum, you get only 2 distinguishing bytes. It's really, really
bad. Mac OSX probably makes very little use of strxfrm() in practice;
there are proprietary APIs that do something similar, but all using
UTF-16 only.

Yes, Linux is much-much faster, I see no difference in performance using latest icu 57_1.
I tested on Ubuntu 14.4.04.  But still, icu provides us abbreviated keys and collation stability,
so let's add --with-icu.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2
От: Dilip Kumar
Сообщение: Re: Relation extension scalability