Re: WIP: Upper planner pathification

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: WIP: Upper planner pathification
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 3:11 PM, Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru> wrote:
The basic point of this patch is to apply the generate-and-compare-Paths
paradigm to the planning steps after query_planner(), which only covers
> The present patch addresses this problem by inventing Path nodes to
> represent every post-scan/join step

I'm really glad to see that. Separating path nodes for later steps opens a new ways to optimize queries. For first glance, consider
select * from a left outer join b on a.i = b.i limit 1;
Limit node could be pushed down to scan over 'a' table if b.i is unique.

This patch opens a lot of possibilities to our ongoing project on indexing subselects, which we plan to use for  jsonb. Having it in 9.6 will certainly facilitate this. So, I'm +1 for this patch, even if we have to postpone 9.6 a bit. Hope, Robert, Teodor and other reviewers could help Tom with this patch.

--
Teodor Sigaev                                   E-mail: teodor@sigaev.ru
                                                   WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: [REVIEW] In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Equivalent of --enable-tap-tests in MSVC scripts