Re: Distributed transactions and asynchronous commit

От Vasilis Ventirozos
Тема Re: Distributed transactions and asynchronous commit
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
In the asynchronous commit documentation, it says:

The commands supporting two-phase commit, such as PREPARE TRANSACTION, are also always synchronous

Does this mean that all queries that are part of a distributed transaction are synchronous?

Yep

In our databases we have extremely high disk I/O, I'm wondering if distributed transactions may be the reason behind it.

could be, but you have to send us more info about your setup, your configuration , especially your io settings, output of vmstats would also be helpful

Thanks

Vasilis Ventirozos

От: Vitalii Tymchyshyn
Сообщение: Re: Trying to eliminate union and sort
От: Giuseppe Broccolo
Сообщение: Re: Distributed transactions and asynchronous commit